[Module Learning Objectives Assessed: 8.2 & 8.3]
News Journal Written Assignment:
News Journals require you to relate current events to the topics covered within POS 2041, American National Government. For this Journal you will select your own article. The article you select will determine your success on this Journal. The article must be about Civil Liberties and illustrate a concept discussed in Chapter 4 of the textbook. The news article you select must itself be at least 4 paragraphs in length and come from a major, national news source.
ARTICLE ON TRUMP IS ATTACHED. PLEASE USE THAT ARTICLE!
For a list of sources and search possibilities please go to the Media tab, on the POS 2041 Lib page. Create your Journal meeting the criteria we have been using and addressing each of the elements below.
- Summary – Summarize in paragraph form the facts and issues presented in the article. Please document the source of your information with a parenthetical reference.
- Application – Apply three or more concepts from the assigned chapter in your textbook to the information in the news article. Specifically explain how the material in your textbook is illustrated in the article you are examining. This can be accomplished by using examples from the article and terms or concepts found in the textbook. You must clearly define the concepts and provide in-text citations in the APA format, including the page number(s).
- Analysis – Conclude with an analysis and reflection of the issue that includes reasoning related to concepts within POS 2041 an analysis of the article perspective. Does the article present the issue in a way that influences as well as informs. Lastly, include your own observations of the issue, the actions of those involved or an anticipated outcome related to your understanding of the concepts covered within the course.
In order to receive credit, you are required to:
- Evenly divide your essay into sections by number and title. (i.e. 1. Summary; 2. Application; 3. Analysis)
- Penalties for not following the length requirement will range from 5 to 10 points.
- Provide comprehensive analysis by using the textbook and other course materials as the primary source of information.
- Penalties for not following this requirement will range from 5 to 15 points.
- Submit your essay in at least 500 words.
- Penalties for not following the length requirement will range from 5 to 40 points.
- Submit the essay within the due date.
- No late submission will be allowed or graded unless it involves a documented emergency or accommodation.
- Avoid copy-and-paste and unnecessary quotations.
- Use paraphrasing instead of quoting.
- You should use a quote only when the same idea cannot be stated differently or when doing so would diminish its academic value. The latter is not applicable in our case and the former is rarely needed.
- Use paraphrasing instead of quoting.
- Provide, when paraphrasing, in-text citations and references in the APA writing format.
- Penalties for not providing in-text citations and/or references will range from 10 to 40 points.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated. A failing grade for the assignment and/or the course will be awarded pursuant to the SPC Academic Integrity Policy. https://go.spcollege.edu/AcademicHonesty/
- See the following links for specific information on how to provide in-text citations and references.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLlLIYxeGls (in-text citations)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiL4H09v0gU (quoting v. paraphrasing)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO9ABVfaLGE (Web citation)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8qGZkgnxSk (Article citation)
- Your essay Turnitin originality report must not be higher than 30%. Revise and resubmit your essay within the due date if it is necessary.
- Penalties for not complying will range from 5 to 40 points.
- Retrieving Turnitin Originality Reports in MyCourses Student Tutorial
See also the Written Assignment Grading Rubric for additional information on your assignment grade.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient”for a 15% Discount!”
The post written assignment 4 3 appeared first on The Nursing Hub.