Your Class Project involves the analysis of network data using Wireshark. To complete this class project you need to do the following:
1. Download and Install Wireshark from this website: https://www.wireshark.org
NOTE: There are both Mac and Windows version available for download
2. Go to the Wireshark wiki: https://wiki.wireshark.org
3. While on the Wireshark wiki page, scroll down and review all topics under the section titled, “Use Wireshark / TShark“.
4. Take a look at some of the following videos for additional training: https://www.lcuportal2.com/wireshark101.html (Links to an external site.) and https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnKJHZhW_BuCPcIg6Ja2boDeHIRwoHMT- (Links to an external site.) for more helpful information about Wireshark.
5. Go to the Sample Capture page (https://wiki.wireshark.org/SampleCaptures (Links to an external site.)) and download any sample capture of your choice. Only choose one sample capture file. You have plenty of interesting sample to choose from. Open the sample capture file with Wireshark. Analyze the sample using techniques described in the wiki pages, videos, and specific protocol information cited in the course text.
6. Write a 2 to 3 page paper (you can write more if needed) summarizing your analysis of your sample packet. Be sure to name the sample file and protocol you used and provide at least 1 screen shot from your Wireshark analysis.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient”for a 15% Discount!”
The post wireshark assignment 1 appeared first on The Nursing Hub.