In a minimum of 300 words, compare and contrast the differences between the psycholegal issues of competency and insanity (also known as criminal responsibility):
- Briefly identify the legal standard used to determine competency through an evaluation. What psycholegal questions need to be addressed?
- Briefly identify the legal standard used to determine insanity through an evaluation. What psycholegal questions need to be addressed?
- Does a mentally ill individual need to be either competent or insane, or can a person be both? Why or why not?
- Comment on whether someone who is not competent to stand trial should be forced to take medications to become competent in order to face full legal penalties for his or her crimes.ssignment 2: RA: Test Assessment Analysis
For this assignment, you are to write a paper analyzing one test in each of the eight major assessment categories listed below.
You should utilize at least five sources from additional professional literature, relevant textbooks, and the Mental Measurements Yearbook for relevant information on these testing instruments. Your paper should be approximately 10 pages long (approximately 1 page per test).
Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in Print can be found in the “M” section on the Find Articles and More page of the Argosy University online library. For each test using the Mental Measurements Yearbook, explain the following seven topics:
- Test purpose
- Uses, particularly in a forensic setting
- Test development and history (any revisions made)
- Normative information and test statistics
- Applicable populations
- Validity and reliability
- Malingering or deception
When your paper is complete, you will have a discussion on a total of eight tests (one from each of the categories mentioned below). Be sure to choose just one test from each category and do not discuss more than eight tests. Also, do not include any tests that are not listed below.
Assessment Categories and Tests:
- Mental Status Exam
Appearance, Motor, Behavior, Sensorium, Thought Process, Thought Content, Communication, Speech, Perception, Mood, Affect, Cognition/Orientation, Response to Proverbs, Estimate of Intelligence, Memory, and Insight
- Substance Abuse
- Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory (SASSI)
- CAGE Questionnaire
- IQ/Cognitive Functioning
- Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale, 4th ed. (WAIS–IV)
- Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children, 4th ed. (WISC-IV)
- Kaufman Brief Intelligence Test, 2nd ed. (KBIT-2)
- California Verbal Learning Test, 2nd ed. (CVLT-II)
- Reynolds Intellectual Assessment Scales (RIAS)
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.