Please solve the following problems. You must show all work for full/partial credit. When complete, attach a typed cover sheet and submit to the assignment drop-box.
Question 1 (17 points):
How long would it take for a net charge of 2.5 C to pass a location in a wire if it is to carry a steady current of 5.0 mA?
Question 2 (18 points):
Two copper wires have equal lengths, but the diameter of one is three times that of the other.
- The resistance of the thinner wire is ____ times that of the thicker wire: (prove your work)
- If the t wire has a resistance of 1.0 Ω, what is the resistance of the thinner wire?
Question 3 (17 points)
A 200 – W computer power supply is on 10 hours per day. If the cost of electricity is $0.15/kWh, what is the cost (to the nearest dollar) to run the computer every day for a year (365 days)?
Question 4 (5 points)
What is the emf of a battery with an internal resistance of 0.15 Ω if the battery delivers 1.5 A to an externally connected 5.0 Ω resistors?
Question 5 (16 points)
Three resistors of value 1.0 Ω, 2.0 Ω, and 4.0 Ω are connected in a parallel circuit with a 6.0 V battery.
- What is the total equivalent resistance?
- What is the voltage across each resistor?
- The power delivered to the 4.0 Ω resistor?
Question 6 (10 points)
What is the equivalent capacitance of two capacitors of 0.40 µF and 0.60 µF when they are connected in:
Question 7 (17 points)
Three capacitors of equal capacitance are connected in parallel to a battery, and together they draw a certain amount of charge Q from that battery.
- Will the charge on each capacitor be:
- Three capacitors of 0.25 µF in each parallel connected to a 12-V battery. What is the charge on each capacitor?
- How much charge is drawn from the battery?
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post solve problems involving ohm s law and electric circuits appeared first on The Nursing Hub.