MT435: Operations Management
Assignment: SCM and Global SCM Paper
Once, the world seemed smaller, with businesses having scope within their national supply chains. Now, business leaders need to consider the concept of globalization, a hybrid word of
global and local, they need to “think globally and act locally.” It is important within the context of business, that supply chain management (SCM) supports operations management (OM) efforts.
In the modern world, there really only is the global supply chain, however it can be considered from both general theoretical and applied practical perspectives.
In this Assignment, you will compose an informative essay in a minimum of 3-full pages in which you specifically address the parts listed below. Make sure to include separate title and references pages, use standard paragraph structure, double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and follow all other APA 6th edition formatting and citation guidelines. Conduct research from credible peer-reviewed sources, the Library, and your textbook to support your responses.
Select a part of general SCM Theory to examine more closely. Conduct online research to support your writing with credible sources. In particular, demonstrate your knowledge of how supply chain management supports operations management efforts.
Global SCM Practice
Select a part of the application of Global SCM practice to examine more closely. Conduct online research to support your writing with credible sources. In particular, demonstrate your knowledge of how global supply chain management supports operations management efforts.
Also, close your paper with the following observations from your research:
· The importance of professional interaction, communication and presentation skills within the operations management and SCM environments.
Ensure each topic is covered to appropriate breadth and depth demonstrating knowledge of the course concept.
SCM Standard Requirements
· This Assignment should be a separate MS Word document, preferably in the most current .docx file format.
· In addition to the APA 6th edition style title page and reference page; ensure your paper covers the assigned topics, with a focus on quality. The following items provide additional guidance as to writing expectations.
· Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your paper should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
· It must be written in Standard English; demonstrating exceptional content, organization, style, grammar, and mechanics.
· Your paper should provide a clearly established sustained viewpoint and purpose.
· Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified; as well as original and insightful.
· Ensure your paper uses APA 6th edition format for content, with properly indented paragraphs, and a minimum of 3 full pages covering the assigned topics to appropriate depth.
· A separate page at the end of your research paper should contain a list of references, in APA
6th edition format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for credible research.
· Ensure you have at a minimum three quality references supporting your work: defining words, or using dictionaries, wikis, or encyclopedias, does not count as a quality reference, or meet university standards for credible online research.
· Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations were appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the APA 6th edition formatting and citation style found at the Writing Center. (The Writing Center can be accessed in Academic Tools. Click on APA Central, then on “Write” at the bottom of the page.) (It should include a cover sheet, paper is double spaced, in Times New Roman 12-point font, correct citations, Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors, and correct references at the bottom of the last page.)
*Please note: Professors do have academic freedom to modify Assignments and requirements to mitigate against cheating and plagiarism, and help with student learning.
Directions for Submitting Your Paper
Write your paper in a Microsoft Word document and save it in a location that includes your name and the title. Submit your paper to the Unit 8: Assignment Dropbox.
MT435 Unit 8 Assignment: SCM and Global SCM Paper
Content (50%) 30 pts. (3 Full Pages of Content)
SCM Theory is covered to appropriate breadth and depth demonstrating knowledge of the course concept.
Global SCM Practice is covered to appropriate breadth and depth demonstrating knowledge of the course concept.
Professional Interaction, Communication and Presentation Skills are covered to appropriate breadth and depth demonstrating knowledge of the course concept.
Analysis (30%) 18 pts.
Work demonstrates synthesis of concepts, research, and experience.
Work demonstrates the student’s ability to tie relevant information to real life applications.
Analysis exceeds basic comprehension to demonstrate higher order thinking.
Writing (20%) 12 pts.
Correct use of APA 6th edition format, all sources used to support the paper are referenced, three references minimum (no wikis, dictionaries, or encyclopedias).
Sentences are clear, concise, and direct; tone is appropriate.
Spelling, grammar, and punctuation are correct.
Page 1 of 3
Page 1 of 3
Page 3 of 3