Child and Adolescent Safety Statistics
Ashford University Discussion
Prior to completing this discussion, please read Modules 5 and 6 in the textbook and review any relevant Instructor Guidance. You may be interested in viewing the interactive infographic within Module 6 to learn more about specific safety statistics.
For this post, you will analyze the major themes of Health and Well-Being, Family and Parenting, Education, Culture and Gender as factors influencing the domain of physical development, specifically safety. Think about and comment on how child and adolescent safety regulations have changed over the past few decades. Provide examples of new safety guidelines that did not exist either when you were growing up, or when your parents were growing up. Then, look through the recommended resources for Week 3 and/or other scholarly articles from the Ashford University Library website and find and report on 3 statistics specifically related to child and adolescent safety from this current decade (2010-present) within each of the 3 stages of infancy/toddlerhood, childhood, and adolescence. In other words, you will have 1 unique statistic for each of the 3 stages. Throughout your post, demonstrate a foundational knowledge of the children’s developmental continuum, from conception, by addressing unique safety standards. See the example below:
One statistic found on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Website states that, “Child safety seats reduce the risk of death in passenger cars by 71% for infants, and by 54% for toddlers ages 1 to 4 years.” (Centersfor Disease Control and Prevention, 2013).
Guided Response: Respond to at least two of your peers. In your responses, consider how these safety statistics have changed over time and address how this may have impacted survival rates in our parents’ or grandparents’ generations. Then, provide a different statistic than the one they found regarding the specific safety regulation addressed or address another change we’ve seen that neither your classmates nor you identified in your original post.
Ashford University Discussion
Prior to completing this discussion, please read Module 6 in the textbook and review any relevant Instructor Guidance. Specifically, you can review the interactive media tool illustrating obesity causes and prevention from an ecological perspective in Module 6.
In this discussion, you will utilize this template to create a brochure (or create your own) which addresses the issue of childhood obesity in order to share your continued learning in child development with others.
You will need to be sure to incorporate all of the information in a succinct and straightforward manner while remaining encouraging and positive as you share your expertise with others. Incorporate 3-5 visually appealing images, statistics, or graphs/charts into your brochure to capture the attention of your intended audience.
Your brochure must include the following:
- Analyze how at least 1 of the major themes of development (Health and Well-Being, Family and Parenting, Education, Culture, or Gender) influences the developmental physical, cognitive and psychosocial outcomes related to childhood obesity.
- Address the role of parents and schools in creating this problem. Also, include any other people/entities whom you feel deserve a portion of the blame and why.
- Utilize problem-solving techniques in exploring developmental issues, grounded in child development, in order to explain two practical ways in which we can incorporate change to improve the health of children and families.
- It is important to be able to explain the role of society and community agencies in assisting families in developing the optimum learning and pro-social behavior of children.
- Be cognizant of the issues faced by single-parents, working parents, parents who are overweight/obese themselves, and those with other physical restrictions.
- Provide two resources (one local and one web-based) for those seeking information on health and wellness.
Along with the attachment to your brochure, your discussion post should include references in APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center for any information and resources included in the brochure.
Guided Response: Respond to at least two of your peers. In your responses, identify at least two positive content-focused aspects of the brochure which you noticed while you were viewing it. Offer at least one positive comment about the visual presentation of the brochure that you felt made it impactful. Finally, offer one suggestion regarding something which might be changed in the brochure to make it even more effective. In your responses to their suggestions you may either acknowledge and propose how you might incorporate the suggested change, or respectfully defend your original brochure and offer an explanation for why you created it as you did.
“. WITH pacifictimers.com TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT”
The post psy-104-child-and-adolescent-developmentweek-4-discussion-1-and-2 appeared first on pacifictimers.com.