During the semester, you will give oral article summary presentations on two articles. Each of these oral assignments will be worth 20 points. To earn points for each summary, you MUST complete both summaries. The due dates are listed on the semester schedule. You may choose articles from the following sources:
- The Economist
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Financial Times
- Harvard Business Review
Oral Summaries should be 30 to 60 seconds long and include the following:
- Title of the article, date of publication
- Main point(s) of the article—and a few specific and powerful details the writer uses to support the main points
- If time: What you found most interesting and/or why you chose the article
Prepare these oral presentations in advance. You must get your point across in a limited number of words, so be prepared to speak concisely, but avoid sounding rushed.
As in all presentations for BizCom, you are to—
- Keep your eyes on the audience, keep your volume strong, enunciate clearly, keep your body language strong (and not distracting), and maintain pacing that maximizes audience comprehension of your information.
- Use NO notes
- You must choose an article that is current – it must have been published within 30 days of the due date.
- On the due date, you must submit a hard copy of the article with your name on it. Make sure I can tell which of the five allowed sources the article came from.
- You will use ONE PowerPoint slide to present your article summary.
- Your slide must follow the 6×6 rule – no more than 6 bullet points on the slide and no more than 6 words per bullet point.
The article I choose is Exposing K-pop’s dirty secrets
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient”for a 15% Discount!”
The post oral summaries should be 30 to 60 seconds long and include the following appeared first on The Nursing Hub.