Identify an individual in your organization who is responsible for managing procurement contracts. Alternatively, identify a project manager you know who has contract management experience. Prepare a set of interview questions to gain an in-depth understanding of how procurement source selection works in your organization, and the role that scope statements play when selecting product sellers or service providers. More specifically, you should aim to find out:
- The company’s strategy for making or buying products or services
- The who’s and what’s of procurement in your organization
- The types of products and services covered by procurement contracts
- The documents that serve as input to procurement, including scope statements
- The seller/contractor selection criteria
- The bidding and contract award processes
- The types of contracts used by your organization and decisions that affect choice of contract type.
Make an appointment with the contract manager (or project manager) and interview him or her, using your questions. Your interview should not last more than ½ hour. You may interview in person, or via phone or Skype.
Write a paper in which you summarize the responses you received. Include an assessment of how SOWs affect procurement, and make recommendations for improvements to your company’s procurement decision models, including how to select sources and award contracts.
Support your paper with minimum of three (3) scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 3-4 pages not including interview questions, title, and reference pages. Attach your questions to your paper as an appendix.
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.