You have covered a number of theories in child development this term, as well as how these theories help you to understand the developmental process from birth through adolescence. Piaget, Erikson, Vygotsky, Kohlberg, attachment theory, nature versus nurture, the influence of SES, and cultural implications are some of the major theories and concepts.
For this Assignment, you will write an expository paper. Please address the following four points in the expository paper:
- Select one developmental stage, such as infancy—ages birth to 2; early childhood—ages 2 to 6; middle childhood—ages 6 to 11; or adolescence—ages 11 to 18.
- Explain the physical, social, and cognitive changes that occur during that stage of development.
- Discuss at least one theory that fits best with the stage of development you have selected. Describe the theory and explain how it appropriately fits with your selected developmental stage.
- Discuss the impact that cultural factors (e.g., race, religion or ethnicity) could have on your selected stage of development.
For example, you might select the stage of infancy, and then describe the physical, social and cognitive changes that are part of infant development. Then select one theory, for example Erikson’s Psychosocial Stages of Development, and explain what this theory says about infancy. Finally, you could discuss how culture may affect parenting styles. This is just an example and you are certainly not limited to this idea.
Please use at least one other scholarly peer reviewed reference for your Assignment besides the textbook for a total of two references. The Library is the best place to find research articles.
- Please type your expository paper using 12-point Times New Roman font and double-spacing using Standard American English.
- This Assignment should be 4 pages in length, not including the title page or reference page.
- You must refer to the reading resources and provide a citation using APA format in the form of in-text citations for any sources used.
- The viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained.
- The writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- Remember to include a title page at the start of, and a reference list at the conclusion of, your essay. The Writing Center has information on how to use APA formatting. You can access the Writing Center from the Academic Tools section.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Expository Paper appeared first on Top Premier Essays.