This week’s graded topics relate to the following Course Outcome (CO).
- CO 2: Assess the health needs of individuals, families, aggregates, and communities using demographic and epidemiological data to identify population health risks. (PO 4)
For this discussion, you will collect assessment data about your city or county. This post will include information about demographics (general characteristics). You will then find epidemiological data (disease or health behavior rates) about one priority health problem in your community.
- Demographic data: Go online to the U.S. Census Bureau at https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/ (Links to an external site.). Obtain a range information about the demographic characteristics of the population for your city or county of residence. You may have to look at county data if your city is not listed. Discuss demographic data about age, ethnicity, poverty levels, housing, and education.
- Epidemiological data: Go to your city or county health department website (search the Internet) or County Health Rankings (http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/ (Links to an external site.)), and report epidemiological data about one priority health problem in your area. Examples include diabetes, heart disease, addiction, obesity, teen pregnancy, and more. Be sure that you accurately report how each statistic is measured. In the County Health Rankings site, you can hover over the category, and it will explain how it is measured.
- How do the demographic characteristics of your community influence the health problem you chose?
County Health Rankings and Roadmaps. (2018). Explore rankings. Retrieved from http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/
U.S. Census Bureau. (2018). State and county QuickFacts. Retrieved from https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/
This week, we will look at Epidemiology which is the science that public health is based on. Based on terms of demographic and epidemiological data, please consider the following questions in your posts.
- Did your data support or refute the observations you made during your windshield survey? Please explain.
- How does your community compare to state or national data?
- How does your community compare to those of your fellow students’?
- What diseases or health behavior trends are you aware of in your community or state?
references: American Psychological Association. (2010). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
Nies, M. A., & McEwen, M. (2019). Community/public health nursing: Promoting the health of populations (7 ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post assessment data appeared first on Custom Nursing Help.