1. You say, “Hi, how are you?” and your conversational partner proceeds to tell you everything that happened to her that day. She is violating Grice’s Cooperative Principle maxim of
Explain why you choose this answer.
2. What kinds of conversational rules are in effect when many African Americans converse with White Americans?
3. The distance you stand from someone while speaking to them is a form of nonverbal communication called
d. high-context communication.
Explain why you think this answer is correct and define the term in more detail.
4. Describe at least three differences between immigrants and refugees.
5. _________ that migrate have a harder time with the language barrier.
c. The younger generations
d. Older generations
Explain why this is so.
6. Discuss Hamilton and colleagues’ notion of illusory correlation as it relates to racism.
7. The book presented a story about Mrs. Thompson, a fifth-grade school teacher, and her student, Teddy Stoddard, who seemed unpleasant and unmotivated at the beginning of the story. This story illustrated
a. how Mrs. Thompson was able to acutely evaluate Teddy Stoddard from the beginning.
b. how Mrs. Thompson fell victim to the fundamental attribution error at first.
c. how Teddy Stoddard was able to overcome his mother’s death by himself.
d. how Teddy Stoddard was able to overcome Mrs. Thompson’s bias against him.
Explain the answer you selected.
8. First, explain White privilege. Then, apply concepts of White privilege to any other kind of privilege that those in power enjoy.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code “Newclient”
The post 8QPSYC610 appeared first on Psychology Homework.