# 4 Discussion 1 due 10/27/2019 – $15.00
Trauma and Abuse
For the first part of this discussion, address the following:
· Share a case that involved a client who reported sexual abuse (past or current); domestic violence; or abuse of a child, elder, or dependent adult. Remove the client’s name and all identifying information. Use a pseudonym when referring to the client. If you have not worked with a client who has experienced or reported abuse, create a brief hypothetical case.
· Explain how you considered the ethical and legal aspects of this case, including any reporting mandates for abuse in your state as well as the protocols for mandatory reporting at your site.
· Drawing from the current professional literature, include at least one article that describes counseling approaches that have been found effective in working with clients who have suffered abuse.
· Discuss one of the specific interventions you used with this client. Was it effective? Describe what you observed that let you know whether the intervention was effective or not.
For the second part of this discussion:
· Discussion Participation Scoring Guide.
· Read Fragedakis and Toriello’s 2014 article, “The Development and Experience of Combat-Related PTSD: A Demand for Neurofeedback as an Effective Form of Treatment,” from Journal of Counseling & Development, volume 92, issue 4, pages 481–488.
· Read Jacobs, Gray, Erickson, Gonzalez, and Quevillon’s 2016 article, “Disaster Mental Health and Community-Based Psychological First Aid: Concepts and Education/Training,” from Journal of Clinical Psychology, volume 72, issue 12.
· Read Moreno’s 2013 article, “Posttraumatic Stress in Children,” from Journal of JAMA Pediatrics, volume 167, issue 12, page 1176.
· Read Khusid’s 2013 article, “Self-Care Mindfulness Approaches for Refractory Posttraumatic Stress Disorder,” from Psychiatric Annals, volume 43, issue 7, pages 340–344.
· Read Mendenhall and Berge’s 2010 article, “Family Therapists in Trauma-Response Teams: Bringing Systems Thinking Into Interdisciplinary Fieldwork,” from Journal of Family Therapy, volume 32, issue 1, pages 43–57.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code “Newclient”
The post #4 appeared first on Psychology Homework.