# 10 Discussion 1 due 11/25/2019 – $15.00
Advocacy and Social Justice
In your initial post:
· Address what advocacy and social justice mean to you as a professional counselor.
· Examine how advocacy and social justice relate to multicultural competency in mental health counseling practice.
· Identify and discuss an area of needed advocacy for people with serious mental illness.
· Provide an example of how you have or could advocate or work for social justice in this area. How does your own awareness of your cultural and ethnic heritage influence your work in advocacy for your clients?
Include information you have located in your readings to support your positions.
Use the following:
· Read Grothaus, McAuliffe, and Craigen’s 2012 article, “Infusing Cultural Competence and Advocacy Into Strength-Based Counseling,” from the Journal of Humanistic Counseling, volume 51, issue 1, pages 51–65.
· Read Brady-Amoon’s 2011 article, “Humanism, Feminism, and Multiculturalism: Essential Elements of Social Justice in Counseling, Education, and Advocacy,” from the Journal of Humanistic Counseling, volume 50, issue 2, pages 135–148.
· Read Steele, Bischoff, and Craig’s 2014 article, “Political Ideology and Perceptions of Social Justice Advocacy Among Members of the American Counseling Association,” from the International Journal of Advanced Counseling, volume 36, issue 4, pages 450–467.
· Ratts, M. J., Singh, A. A., Nassar-McMillan, S., Butler, S. K., & McCullough, J. R. (2016). Multicultural and social justice counseling competencies: Guidelines for the counseling profession. Journal of Multicultural Counseling and Development, 44(1), 28–48.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code “Newclient”
The post #10 appeared first on Psychology Homework.